IRS Customer Service
- Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., local time
- 41 mins wait
IRS customer service. Get in touch with IRS's customer service department through the following phone numbers, social media, contact form and live chat. For more information about wages and income, business and speciality tax, refunds, federal payment levy program, tax professionals and collections, call the numbers listed below.
IRS Customer Service Phone Numbers
- Live Chat https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/81804927/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=81804927&byhref=1
- Customer Service 800-829-3009
- Customer Service 800-829-0582
- Business Accounts 800-829-0115
- Tax Professionals 800-829-8374
- Collections Department 800-829-3903
- Customer Service 800-829-0922
- Federal Payment Levy Program 800-829-7650
- Refund Hotline (800) 829-1954
- Business and Specialty Tax Line (800) 829-4933
- Wage & Income Transcript 800-908-9946
- FAQ https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-answers
- Contact Form https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/navigate-irsgov
How To Contact IRS
Welcome to the Internal Revenue Service. You can also visit our website at www.irs.gov.
- To continue in English, press 1.
- To hear information on payment card and third party network transactions reporting on form 1099K, press seven.
- For questions regarding your refund or to check the status of your form 1040X amend the tax return, press 1.
- For questions regarding your personal income taxes, press 2.
- Alternatively, for business taxes press 3.
- To learn about tax provision regarding the affordable care act, visit www.irs.gov/aca or press 4.
- To repeat these options, press 9.